Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Flower Girl by Berder

It was quite early when I first approached Victoria Theatre at around 1830hrs. No one was really there except for a group of the Publicity crew who were taking a break. They told me that the ticketing booth would not be manned so soon, so I took a roundabout the area which took me back to the spot where the flower girl in blazer from that crew approached.

“你要买花吗?可以在演出后送给你的家人或朋友。”

“我… 不知道要送给谁。”

“没关系,不知道的话可以送给我啊。哈哈!”

“Er… 给我考虑考虑,你等一下问到我再说。”

After a little while hanging around in the area I was approached again.

“你可以帮我买花吗?”

“Er… Er…”

She looked into my eyes with a powerful allure.

“我可以要你的电话号码吗?”

She was quite taken aback, but quickly regained her composure.

“可以吗?你给我你的电话号码我就跟你买。”

“Er… 我电话号码是999。”

I immediately regretted what I have said. Feeling guilty…

“Er… 好吧。”

So she happily took the three dollars from me and returned the fifty-cent change with a smile.

“Thank you!”

And so that rose accompanied me throughout the performance.

***

After the performance, I waited at the entrance for a while, swayed here and there a little and bumped into a few friends once in a while. And after half an hour, the group of them came out from the backstage after packing their stuff.

I could feel my heart jumped out of my mouth at that instant.

I approached her after she was done on the phone.

“其实我真的不知道要把花送给谁。我就送给你吧。有缘再见。”

Maybe she would just throw away the rose at the end of the day, but perhaps I shall see her again next year.

~

For the sake of remembering this little incident that happened last night before and after watching Huang Cheng Ye Yun.

No comments: